Does Flood Restoration Cover the Outside of a Building?
Flood Damage Can Soil Both the Interior and Exterior of your Home. SERVPRO Can Perform Expert Restoration to Return your Home to a Pre-loss Condition
How can I clean the exterior walls of my home after flooding?
Flooding in Belmont can be extremely damaging, with highly contaminated waters contacting both the interior and exterior of your home. These floodwaters may contain human pathogens or biohazardous substances like raw sewage, and you should use a professional service to remove them. SERVPRO technicians can mobilize a range of powerful cleaning equipment to restore your home after a violent weather event. During an emergency, you can contact us out-of-hours via our twenty-four-hour phone line.
What equipment is useful for removing flood debris from a property?
- Power washers are mounted, high-pressure washers that we use to clean exterior walls.
- Electric spraying equipment can disperse large amounts of deodorants or cleaning fluids.
- Dry vacuums fitted with high-efficiency particulate air-filters (HEPA) to remove dust from drywall or demolition.
Can power washers clean heavily soiled walls?
The dirt and grime that comes with flood damage in your Belmont home may not disappear with just high-pressure water washing. Power washers can be mixed with a cleaning solution to help break the connection between soiling and the wall surface. Frequently, our SERVPRO technicians opt for detergents that are water-based and emulsify bonded soils. If the mains water supply is inaccessible, our technicians can use a portable storage tank to provide water to the power washer for cleaning. These storage tanks are capable of delivering between 250 and 1000 gallons of water.
Which power washers work for residential flooding?
- Power washers are measured in pounds per square inch (PSI) for the amount of water dispersed.
- Residential restoration services usually use power washers with less than 2500 psi
- They can be used to clean dirt from exterior walls or to clear driveways after flooding.
If your home becomes unsanitary due to flooding, contact SERVPRO of The Lakes Region at (603) 527-2518.