Fire Damage – Laconia Garage
Fire damage occurred at this Laconia garage when an electrical short in the ceiling started a fire. There was damage to the roof sheathing as well as the ceiling as seen in the before photo. Most of the ceiling drywall was torn down by the firefighters to make sure there were no lingering areas of burning embers. That left a lot of debris on the garage floor which would need to be cleaned up and disposed of properly. SERVPRO of the Lakes Region would assess the damage and report to the homeowner. They would also present a plan for restoration which would include the proper disposal of all of the debris. The sections of the ceiling area and roofing that could be repaired would be restored with a process called dry ice blasting. The smoke residues would be removed from the building materials, and the structure would have a cleaner look. Once this process was completed the damaged portion of the garage would be rebuilt.