Laconia Deserves Top Quality Water Damage Mitigation Service
Water damage in your Laconia home gets immediate attention from SERVPRO’s professionals to lessen the damage to the structure and contents.
Why do Laconia Homeowners Trust SERVPRO with Water Damage Restoration?
Restoring water damage to your Laconia home requires skill, experience, and expertise that not all restorers possess. SERVPRO has earned the trust of homeowners thanks to the consistently high-quality service we provide.
While SERVPRO never claims to be perfect, our systematic action plan for handling water damage at Laconia properties has saved our customers time and money. Our highly trained and Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) certified professionals have developed a process to tackle water issues, big or small, that yield consistent results. Our technicians work hard to have your home restored “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO’s Water Restoration Process
SERVPRO technicians of Laconia have spent a lot of time and resources developing a streamlined restoration process. The process is divided into four distinct phases:
- Project initiation: During this initial step, SERVPRO’s crew completes a walk-through of the damaged property and identifies the customer's priorities. The technicians carry inspection kits containing moisture meters, laser measures, and other inspection tools. Technicians also take 'before' photos during the initiation phase of the restoration process.
- Project plan: The planning phase involves defining the full scope and the type of services required for restoration. The technicians collect moisture readings to determine the location and extent of moisture saturation during this step. The damages observed are then categorized into preexisting, primary, or secondary damages. If required, technicians establish a drying plan and a controlled demolition plan. We always keep the customers in the loop during this phase of the restoration process.
- Project execution: It is perhaps one of the most critical steps of the entire restoration process. The restorers formulate a production work cycle consisting of the various activities to get the job done. Once the resources are allocated to the expert team, they begin the restoration work. Equipment such as pumps, extractors, dehumidifiers, and air movers are used to achieve the drying goal determined in the planning phase.
- Project close-out: After completing the scope of the work, the SERVPRO technicians conduct a final review of the project, ensuring that drying and restoration goals are met.
Equipment Used in Water Restoration
SERVPRO IICRC-certified technicians use several pieces of restorative equipment in your water damaged Laconia property. The equipment used can be classified into the following broad categories:
- Inspection devices: Technicians use these devices to locate the areas of the structure where water has intruded. Some of the devices used for this purpose include moisture sensors, thermal imaging cameras, moisture meters, and thermo-hygrometers.
- Extraction equipment: Restorers use these pieces of equipment to remove standing water from the structure. Various factors determine the type of extraction equipment used. Restorers routinely employ extraction tools such as truck-mounted extractors, light wands, deep extraction tools, and submersible pumps.
- Air moving equipment: Technicians use this type of equipment to enhance the rate of evaporation. Air is blown across the wet surface with air movers, which removes the cold saturated boundary layer, speeding up evaporation.
- Dehumidification equipment: Our restorers use various dehumidifiers to remove excess moisture from the air and lower the humidity ratio. With dehumidifiers removing the water from the air, the evaporation increases. We use both refrigerant and desiccant types of dehumidifiers.
We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster, and SERVPRO is committed to providing the best possible service to homeowners in Laconia. Call SERVPRO of The Lakes Region at (603) 527-2518 with any questions.
You Need Professionals to Deal with Fire Damage in Laconia
Fires in Laconia can happen quickly and often without any warning. Contact our SERVPRO team to help during this stressful time.
SERVPRO Manages Restorative Action for Fire Damaged Laconia Homes
Restorative cleaning by trained and experienced professionals can save you a lot of money on fire damage claims in Laconia. While replacing or resurfacing fire damaged items can be costly, cleaning and restoration services are usually only a fraction of the cost.
SERVPRO technicians use industry-leading technology to clean and restore the structure and components after fire damage to your Laconia property. Our scientifically developed principles and elements of cleaning aim to restore the materials to preloss condition and lessen the expense of the fire claim. The goal is to repair the damage “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO’s Elements of Cleaning
SERVPRO technicians keep the fire damage restoration process in your Laconia home efficient and straightforward. We aim to remove the smoke and soot residue as efficiently as possible without causing harm to the surfaces involved. SERVPRO technicians use several techniques based on the following four elements of cleaning to accomplish this goal:
- Using temperature: Heat increases the speed of the chemical reactions in cleaning products. The technicians select appropriate temperatures depending on the type of the solution and the material being cleaned.
- Using agitation: In some cases, the smoke and soot residues can form strong bonds with the surfaces that need mechanical agitation to dislodge. The restorers use towels, brushes, water, air pressure, or even sonic vibrations to provide the required mechanical agitation to dislodge soils and char.
- Using chemical action: Professional products react chemically with the soils to alter their structure and weaken the bonds with surfaces. Technicians select the proper products based on the desired action, such as bleaching, oxidizing, dissolving, or digesting.
- Using time: Time plays a crucial role in restorative cleaning. The amount of dwell time needed by professional products varies significantly with the soil and surface involved.
Methods Used in Restorative Cleaning
SERVPRO technicians utilize several methods to clean a wide range of structural components and contents after fire damage. Regardless of the method, we always care for the customer’s personal property. Here are some of the techniques that we routinely use to clean fire damaged homes:
- Dry cleaning: As the name suggests, this method involves the application of light agitation using dusting clothes and brushes without applying any product. It is a method of choice if the residue is light and non-greasy.
- Wet cleaning: More aggressive than the previous method, this method often involves using professional agents that may or may not be water-based. The item being cleaned is thoroughly saturated in the solution.
- Spray and wipe: Although it is a variation of the wet cleaning method, it does not involve surface saturation with an agent. The product is lightly sprayed on the surface and wiped clean with a towel. The restorer has better control over the amount of product applied.
- Abrasive cleaning: These methods involve applying agitation to the surface being cleaned. Restorers have different methods of rubbing or agitating residues from the surface. Technicians routinely use abrasive media such as steel wool or scrubbing pads.
- Immersion cleaning: It is an effective method only if the cleaned item can withstand being submerged in liquid. In some cases, the restorers also use high-frequency sound waves to provide abrasion during immersion cleaning. The ultrasound waves produce millions of tiny bubbles that implode, creating microscopic jet streams that provide focused agitation.
Irrespective of the size, We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster, and SERVPRO is dedicated to helping you when you need us the most. Call SERVPRO of The Lakes Region at (603) 527-2518.
Professionals Can Safely Handle Mold Damage in Laconia
If you find mold damage inside your Laconia home, do not hesitate to call SERVPRO.
How Can SERVPRO Help Laconia Residents After Mold Damage?
Mold damage to your Laconia property can spell disaster. If not, you are not proactive in seeking professional help. Trying to deal with the damage on your own is perhaps the worst plan of action. Not only can mold cause health effects, but the microscopic spores can also spread throughout the structure if you don't have the right equipment.
Professionals like SERVPRO have the necessary training, equipment, and experience to remedy mold damage in your Laconia property safely and efficiently. We rely on the guidelines provided by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) during the remediation process. SERVPRO understands that microbes and their spores are an integral part of our indoor ecosystem and hence complete eradication of mold is impossible. However, through professional cleaning, we ensure the reduction of microbes and implement measures to prevent their growth after the cleaning process is complete.
Mold Remediation Work Procedures
SERVPRO uses the IICRC S520 Mold Remediation Guidelines to develop a restoration strategy in your Laconia property. The process involves multiple steps, and a typical cleanup takes less than a week to complete. Our goal is to restore your property “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO technicians consult with the homeowners before formulating the strategy. A typical remediation plan involves the following-
- The first step is usually a thorough pre-remediation inspection to ascertain the worksite conditions and extent of the microbial contamination. Technicians consider various factors, including accessibility, logistics, staging areas, traffic flow, and safety issues.
- Setting up containment is the next step that prevents the spread of the spores to unaffected areas of the structure. Technicians erect containment barriers using 6-mil polyethylene sheeting to separate areas with microbial damage of unaffected regions. The containment areas are equipped with Air Filtration Devices (AFDs) and negative air machines (NAMs) to prevent the spread of microbial spores through exhausted air.
- Porous building materials with contamination such as drywall, insulation, and ceiling tiles are often removed and discarded. SERVPRO technicians prevent the aerosolization of spores during these controlled demolition processes. Our AMRT applied microbial remediation technicians carefully remove contaminated material with razors and knives rather than tearing them to avoid generating bioaerosols.
- Restorers use wire brushes with simultaneous HEPA vacuuming to catch microbial spores as small as 0.3 microns, to remove visible growth.
The Role of Antimicrobials in Mold Damage Restoration
The IICRC S520 guidelines suggest that the physical removal of microbial growth and spores should be the guiding principle of mold remediation. However, the IICRC acknowledges biocides' role in the remediation process. Antimicrobials can suppress or retard future microbial growth if properly used and applied.
SERVPRO uses antimicrobials in the suggested capacity in the IICRC S520 guidelines. We use the following principles when using biocides in mold remediation:
- Technicians use biocides only after the visible contamination is cleaned physically.
- We only use EPA-approved biocides.
- We always debrief the customer about the antimicrobial being used
- Our technicians apply the biocides according to the regulation guidelines and label directions
Even if the contamination is light and may not require cleanup with an antimicrobial, it can become a full-blown disaster if left untreated. SERVPRO technicians work hard to restore your home to preloss conditions as quickly as possible and protect you from the potentially disastrous effects of fungal contamination.
If you suspect that your Laconia property might have contamination, call SERVPRO of The Lakes Region at (603) 527-2518; We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Water Damage Impacts Hardwoods in Laconia Homes
Call SERVPRO to Salvage Your Laconia Property's Wood Flooring after Water Damage. "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO Often Rescues Water Damaged Wood Flooring
Wood flooring is an attractive addition to many homes throughout the area. However, the semi-porous nature of these installed elements makes them sensitive to water absorption and moisture damage under the appropriate conditions. Regardless of how water damage occurs, it is essential to have experienced professionals respond quickly to protect exposed wood flooring in the house.
The first noticeable way water damage in Laconia homes affects installed hardwood flooring is through standing water concerns. Pooling on the surface not only can present safety concerns, but after a brief period of exposure, moisture absorption can begin through the seams of the material to impact individual planks. Surface extraction with wet vacuums can be mostly sufficient for extraction needs if caught early enough.
Semi-Porous Material Absorption
When water absorption has started into the flooring, the extraction and water removal services we provide must become more intricate and involved. Through a process of capillary suction, implements like drying mats placed along the seams of the plank flooring pull moisture towards the surface for extraction and removal.
Stages of Water Saturation
Water infiltrates wood flooring at different rates depending on the porosity and permeability of the surface and the volume of water present. In three stages, restorers can experience water damage surrounding installed wood flooring in local residences. Each requires a different approach to overcome the present harm and return the property to its preloss condition. These include:
- Surface – When water is still pooling above the wood flooring.
- Free – When water has penetrated the planks but can still be removed.
- Bound – When the water in the planks is chemically bonded with cellulose in the wood, moisture removal is no longer possible.
From burst pipes to leaks in the plumbing system, standing water on the wood flooring of your home can be destructive and costly to repair without fast and deliberate action. Our SERVPRO of The Lakes Region team can help with strategies to restore the damage water can cause to wood planks in all phases of exposure. Call us today at (603) 527-2518.
Reliable Fire Damage Restoration Services in Franklin
Franklin fire damage needs quick action. Call SERVPRO right away and our expert team can speedily arrive and start the remediation process.
SERVPRO Technicians Respond Quickly to Minimize Any Secondary Fire Damage
Naturally, we can be anxious to clean our property after a fire damage incident, but unless we have the right equipment and skills, we may create further damage and waste time. If you are renting the property, notify the owner and your insurance agency. You also need to contact a professional fire restorer in Franklin.
Even extinguishing the fire is not enough to prevent further fire damage in your Franklin property. When the combustion process consumes the contents located on the floor and furniture, chemical reactions may result. It only takes a few days for what was restorable and cleanable to be unsalvageable. Our SERVPRO technicians understand the theory of fire and pretest your belongings to find out what to restore and what is unsalvageable. That means you have to contact professionals immediately after the incident happens.
Our SERVPRO team works towards minimizing the loss that the customer experiences when a fire occurs. Where necessary, the team can safely pack and remove your contents from the affected property. During that time, an inventory of your items is made, and we return them once the necessary cleaning and restoration are complete.
To prevent further damage, our technicians use air movers such as fans to ventilate the areas. If some water was used to extinguish the fire and it still lies on the floor, we may decide to use a dehumidifier. Dehumidifiers and fans can also play a vital role when we need to remove moisture from your draperies and carpets. Failure to dry your property may lead to further damage as a result of mildew and mold growth.
When contents are burning, the resulting smoke can be trapped after it permeates household ducts and walls. Failure to remove it may cause smoke odors - something that is common during damp or warm weather. To avoid such occurrences, our SERVPRO technicians may use thermal fogging. It is a process that releases a warm chemical fog that permeates surfaces to neutralize odors.
SERVPRO of The Lakes Region is a proven leader in fire, mold, storm, and water damage restoration. You can contact us at any time of the day by calling (603) 527-2518 when in need of reliable services.
How to Save Your Floors after Flood Damage in Laconia
SERVPRO Removes Stormwater from Tile Flooring While Protecting Your Laconia Residence
SERVPRO Salvages Storm Damaged Flooring During Cleanup and Water Removal
If you live in an area that is prone to flood damage, panicking should not be an option when you face such incidents. When working with restoration professionals, you can salvage your contents and prevent further damage since all that you need is the right skills and experience in this area. We are going to cover some of the steps we perform to restore floors and some sections of your structure when grappling with flooding situations in Laconia.
If your Laconia home has ceramic tiles, after a flood damage incident, there are chances of the water penetrating into any available cracks. When that happens, the subfloor may expand or warp and make the tiles to loosen or break around the joints. Our SERVPRO technicians can help in drying the floor by drilling holes and setting up space heaters to enhance moisture evaporation. By using a penetrating moisture meter, we closely monitor the drying process and make sure we achieve the right moisture levels. The physical structure dictates the exact method of drying.
When water comes into contact with painted concrete, the surface may blister, or flake, and repainting may be necessary. Scraping and preparing the surface can be required. Remember, concrete is porous, and chalk-like calcium sediments may appear on the floors once the water wicks up. If the dirt or debris is left unattended to, it may lead to mold growth. Our SERVPRO technicians use HEPA vacuums to clean such surfaces, and after that, we apply an EPA-certified disinfectant.
After a water event, asphalt tiles which are a form of resilient tiles may have a strong bond with the concrete. Despite that, in some cases, white films may appear, and our SERVPRO technicians can clean such areas. If your home has vinyl tiles and it happens that water penetration has occurred to the underneath concrete, the tiles may separate. In such a situation, Our SERVPRO technicians recommend a replacement. Even when the subfloor is yet to warp, in instances of crawl spaces with plywood sheathing, we can determine if there is some hidden moisture in the structure through the use of non-penetrating moisture meters and sensors.
At SERVPRO of The Lakes Region, we use state-of-the-art restoration and cleaning equipment to attend to water, fire, mold, and storm damage. Call us at (603) 527-2518 and allow us to return your property to its earlier state, "Like it never even happened."
What a Fast Call to SERVPRO Gets You For Basement Flood Damage In Franklin
SERVPRO of The Lakes Region provides 24/7 flood damage mitigation and restoration services to the local community.
Flood Damage Cleanup and Restoration
Water naturally flows and collects downhill, and when floodwaters enter your home during a storm, they typically follow that same rule and seek out the lowest point in the area. Basements often accumulate water and take on significant flood damage during a storm in Franklin.
While there is often little you can do to prevent water from reaching deep into your home's lower levels, you can make a great deal of difference in how difficult it is to remove that water if you get help fast.
SERVPRO's Mitigation Strategy
SERVPRO franchises nationwide operate on a strategy of mitigation. We respond to flood damage in Franklin and similar communities quickly and on a 24/7 basis to ensure that floodwaters do not have sufficient time to reside, collect, and cause further damage. The sooner you place a call to us, the sooner we can respond and get your home the treatment it needs to avoid further damage. Proper application of mitigation techniques could save you thousands in restoration costs later on.
What We Do On Arrival
Once you place your first call, our technicians should be on the scene within four hours, ready to handle the situation. They first evaluate the extent of damage before attempting to stop any further water from entering the home. Once these preliminary tasks are done, they can begin to pump water out. The extraction process is relatively simple: we use industrial-strength water extractors to pump large volumes of water out of the building in as little time as possible, eliminating the threat of standing water. After all, water is removed from the basement; we can begin to set up additional drying measures such as air movers and dehumidifiers to remove additional soakage in the area.
SERVPRO of The Lakes Region provides 24/7 flood damage mitigation and restoration services to the local community. Should your home be damaged in a major storm, call us at (603) 527-2518.
How Can I Remove Refrigerator Leak Water Damage from My Laconia Kitchen?
Water damage can ruin the appliances in your home. Contact SERVPRO to mitigate the situation. Call 24/7.
Laconia Homeowners Can Contact Water Damage Mitigation Professionals for Their Restoration Needs
Refrigerator leaks can occur for a variety of reasons. A malfunctioning ice maker, improper positioning, or leaky supply lines are enough to cause damage that can build up over time in walls and floors.
If kitchen appliance failures necessitate water removal in your Laconia property, SERVPRO technicians are ready to assist you. This team’s goal is to return your home to a pre-damaged condition after any size disaster.
What Are Some Common Causes of Refrigerator Leaks?
- Condensation buildup near the drain hole can instead leak onto the surrounding floor if your refrigerator is level or tilted forward instead of leaning slightly back.
- The lines behind the fridge or freezer that remove water can become clogged. Built-in ice makers are another common cause of leaks.
- Your refrigerator may not have enough insulation to prevent condensation buildup. Putting a fridge in a colder location where the heat of the motor can build up condensation can also eventually lead to water damage.
How Can SERVPRO Techs Restore My Kitchen After Cleanup?
If your kitchen has vinyl floor tiles, SERVPRO technicians can remove delaminated tiles and prepare the flooring for replacement. Techs can also examine the subfloor for damage by evaluating the area with infrared cameras. This imaging technology allows SERVPRO to perform more comprehensive mitigation services.
This monitoring technology allows SERVPRO teams to keep track of the specific humidity of items throughout drying. Once your kitchen has been thoroughly dried, this team can render such services as repainting, subflooring repairs, hanging new drywall, and implementing new vinyl flooring.
SERVPRO of The Lakes Region is able to make your home look “Like it never even happened.” Call (603) 527-2518 to begin the mitigation process.
What is the Best Way to Avoid a Fire in a Garage?
SERVPRO has the experienced technicians with the equipment and expertise your home needs after a fire mishap. Give us a call right away.
SERVPRO Techs Have the Training and Equipment to Help Local Belmont Properties Recover From Damage to Their Property and Contents.
After a fire in your Belmont garage, it can be disheartening to see the amount of cleanup needed to use the space again. Unlike most fire restoration jobs, this is one type where the property owners can frequently remain on-site during the cleanup. This is because usually, there are no vents from the house leading into the garage, so there is no chance for the soot to spread into the ductwork of the home. For attached garages, as long as containment measures get applied to the entrance from the house's interior to the garage, the most potential for cross-contamination gets avoided. Organization in your garage is one of the best ways to prevent a fire, using methods such as:
- Shelving to keep clutter to a minimum
- Never storing flammable chemicals in the vicinity of anything electrical or with the potential to spark
- Keeping gas cans with fumes out of the area
- Ensuring outlets are not overloaded
- Keeping products with VOCs out of the closed environment of the garage
What is the Process for Handling Stubborn Fire Damage Residues?
Once the charred items get removed from the site with fire damage in a Belmont home, SERVPRO technicians work on cleaning the surfaces in the house. Attention to the surface is as essential as the type of smoke damage being removed. The techs carefully test surfaces to ensure the chosen removal method has no adverse effect on the article getting cleaned. Just as some surfaces can get damaged by using water, others can deteriorate after exposure to certain solvents. The three critical steps in using solvents to dissolve residues are:
- Wash the surface with the solvent; this action suspends the particles
- Rinse the surface from both solvent and smoke residues being careful about the disposal
- Dry the surface
This type of cleaning brings the community and environment responsibilities for safe disposal of the cleaning solvents used in this type of fire and smoke damage removal. SERVPRO techs are always careful to adhere to local, state, and federal regulations. Some of the main rules are:
- The solvents can never get disposed of within the sewer or septic system as the dry-cleaning solvents, in particular, is an industrial waste product.
- Also, the cleaning wastes should never get disposed of in storm drains or gutters.
- Wastewater used in cleaning that does not contain solvents can get disposed of through a treated sewer line, toilet, or utility sink.
What are Other Methods for Removal of Soot?
After SERVPRO techs handle the restoration services for damage from a fire in a garage, this can include a large amount of controlled demolition resulting in removing the sheetrock and insulation if present. Whenever stubborn smoke residues remain, there are other methods besides liquid cleaning solutions to remove them from the surfaces, particularly on the wood framework. The techs have access to high-powered equipment to perform abatement; one of the most popular is soda blasting. This uses sodium bicarbonate (yes, baking soda) delivered at a high velocity to remove any soot still adhering. Another tactic that gets used in the same fashion uses ice pellets. The removed material that gets extracted gets picked up using hand vacuums to ensure all residues are removed.
Prepping for rebuilding is a must during the restoration services. Before repairs or reconstruction can occur on a fire-damaged garage or any other part of the home, the worksite must be free of soot, charred materials, and smoke odors.
The odor control phase of the restoration services can take many forms. The technicians frequently need to take a multi-layered approach to ensure there are no signs of the previous fire that occurred. The techs use air scrubbers to improve air quality during the mitigation process, along with the detailed hand cleaning that techs perform, specialized equipment assists in the permanent removal of pungent fire odors. Two of the most typically seen tactics involve thermal fogging for eradicating embedded odors present and the use of hydroxyl generators to remove airborne particulate and neutralize it at the molecular level.
SERVPRO of The Lakes Region at (603) 527-2518 is the premier choice for fire damage restoration, no matter where the fire occurred or how widespread the damage is within your property. The trained, certified techs bring the know-how and expertise along with state-of-the-art equipment to make the home disaster "Like it never even happened."
Fire Effects That Prevent Your Laconia Office from Operating
Looking for a restoration company? Look no further, SERVPRO is just a call away at (603) 527-2518. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Certain Post-Fire Damage Loss Effects Keep Laconia Facilities Closed Until Restoration Completes.
Many disasters can temporarily close your business while cleanup and restoration get underway. Choosing experienced teams like our SERVPRO unit prioritizes how quickly you can resume normal operations. Our knowledgeable FSRT-Certified technicians arrive fast to begin overcoming several immediate post-fire effects that threaten office buildings.
Soot Dangers in the Environment
Among the greatest focuses of the fire damage restoration, Laconia office buildings will receive is the removal of soot and smoke residues. These formidable presences adhere to surfaces and create challenging recovery obstacles by damaging the underlying substrate. Soot can impact many areas of an office building, including:
- Air quality
- Material finishes
Structural Integrity Concerns
The structure can also be a concern for responding technicians. Partial combustion can leave building materials ready to collapse or sagging under the weight of suppression measures. We must assess where controlled demolition and bulk material removal are needed.
Fire Suppression Cleanup
Whether the sprinkler system managed the firefighting needs or someone with a fire extinguisher took care of a newly developing incident, the cleanup of these suppression actions is another of the urgent requirements to get your doors back open. Sodium bicarbonate and other chemical makeups can be thick and challenging to remove. Still, we have specific cleaning products and practices to overcome extinguisher residues and clean up water damage from sprinkler systems.
Harsh Smoke Malodors
Another possible concern for large commercial buildings is the harsh malodor left behind after combustion. The destruction of specific elements can produce offensive smells, especially when plastics and electronic components are involved. We have effective deodorization practices to help with this need.
Many threats after fire damage can prevent your doors from opening. Our business is getting you back in business, so we work quickly to overcome these obstacles and provide a thorough and complete final product by overcoming pressing fire damage concerns preventing comfortable work conditions. Give our SERVPRO of The Lakes Region team a call today at (603) 527-2518.