If Your Belmont Hotel Has A Mold Infestation Our Crew Can Help!
How SERVPRO Turns Around Commercial Mold Damage In A Belmont Hotel
Commercial mold damage can harm a business on several levels, especially the hotel industry, where guests have the assumed assurance of comfort and cleanliness as part of the package. There are possible health effects from mold exposure, and often a foul odor accompanies the growth of mold colonies, which makes it unpleasant for both employees and guests. Plus, the loss of revenue due to closure during remediation can be stressful for property owners.
When SERVPRO works on a hotel in Belmont with commercial mold damage in a guest room, our main goal is to cause as little disruption as possible and get the hotel reopened quickly. It's crucial to identify the cause of colony growth. We look for slow leaks in pipes, poor ventilation, roof or other structural leaks to name a few of the most common reasons.
Once SERVPRO technicians identify the cause, we recommend to the hotel manager or property owner the proper repairs needed to stop this situation from reoccurring in the future after the completion of our remediation efforts. We have stop measures in place to inhibit growth such as our antimicrobial solution and antimicrobial sealer, but repairs to fix the cause of excessive moisture are vital. Our technicians are certified Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist (AMRS), and they possess the knowledge to reduce the effects of mold to near zero.
One of the first actions our technicians do is containment. This setup is designed to halt the spread of spores and consists of an airlock barrier zipper chamber which works to seal off the area from the rest of the hotel. The furnishings in the room are wrapped, pre-cleaned, and cataloged for storage in an on-site pod and returned to their places in the room after we complete remediation.
Then, SERVPRO techs scope the property to ensure we identify the location of all mold colonies and contain the areas around them. It is a commonplace to utilize the services of an Industrial Hygienist to test the air quality and visually identifiable colonies for the presence and type of mold.
Because mold spores range anywhere from 3-100 microns in size, a negative air fan scrubber with HEPA filtration and negative air exhaust fans within the space assist with the capture of airborne spores during remediation of the room. SERVPRO technicians perform abatement on dried colonies by hand-cleaning or in stubborn cases, soda blasting to remove all traces so the hotel can reopen the room for guests safely without any reminders of the mold problem.
At the first sign of commercial mold damage contact SERVPRO of The Lakes Region at (603) 527-2518, and we can remediate existing mold and inhibit the conditions that caused it, so it is “Like it never even happened.”
For more about Belmont click here.