What Steps Should I Take After Flood Damage in Belmont?
Belmont Homeowners Want To Get Back To Normal After Flood Damage
Belmont homeowners take pride in their houses, and naturally, want to continue life quickly after a disaster. However, in the face of a disaster, the choices and list of tasks can seem overwhelming. It can be challenging to know where to start.
SERVPRO understands that flood damage to your Belmont home is distressing. It is hard to see rooms flooded with water and beloved belongings and furniture waterlogged. However, it is essential to resist the risk to start cleaning up right away.
Why should I wait for the professionals?
Cleaning up after flood damage can be hazardous:
• Standing water might contain sewage, bacteria, or other harmful microbes
• If your home is damaged, there is a risk of injury from falling drywall, buckled supports, or sagging ceilings
• Handling electronics or electricity shut-off points might not be safe
As well as potential hazards, it is harder for the untrained eye to assess what needs doing, and the best order in which to do those things. Our technicians know how to evaluate the situation, which actions to take for maximum safety, and the most effective order to carry out remediation tasks.
Is there anything I can do while I wait?
If there is no standing water in a room and is entirely safe to do so, you can start taking photographs for insurance purposes. Documenting the damage before clean-up will help your claim. When our team arrives, they can liaise with your insurer on your behalf.
What kind of equipment will SERVPRO use?
We equip our teams with industry-standard equipment:
• Truck-mounted and freestanding pumps to remove water
• Dehumidifiers and air movers to help dry your home
• Moisture meters and thermal imaging equipment to monitor drying and check for hidden damp spots
• Air scrubbers, spot cleaning chemicals, and odor repellents to deodorize afterward
• Personal protective equipment to maintain a safe working environment?
After a week, our team will check in with you to be sure you are happy and answer any questions. If your home is flood-damaged, do not delay. Call SERVPRO of The Lakes Region at (603) 527-2518 immediately.