What Are Some Water Mitigation and Prevention Tips for Laconia Homeowners?
Proper Maintenance and Vigilance Are Two Keys to Water Mitigation and Prevention
Water leaks and the damage they cause can be quite costly to repair. It is for this reason that Laconia homeowners may want to learn some ways to prevent or mitigate these troublesome issues. Read on for some useful tips for doing so.
In order to avoid costly water damage repairs, Laconia water mitigation and remediation company SERVPRO suggests that you properly maintain your roof, appliances, and storage containers, as well as remain vigilant against potential issues in your home’s pipe network.
Specifically, we advise you to take the following measures to substantially reduce your risks of catastrophic water damage:
- Have your roof periodically inspected and repaired to prevent ceiling leaks during storms
- Check your home’s foundation for cracks and repair any you find to limit basement flooding during prolonged periods of heavy rainfall and standing water
- Allow faucets to drip when temperatures drop below freezing to prevent burst pipes
- Properly maintain all dishwashers, washing machines, and other appliances that use water to mitigate potential leak and standing water risks
- Routinely inspect water storage containers for any corrosion that might undermine their integrity
If you take all of these precautions, our IICRC-certified experts believe you can prevent or, at least, lessen the impact of water-related events.
However, if you are ever unfortunate enough to suffer leak-related water damage, remember that your friends at SERVPRO of The Lakes Region are always here to help. Call us anytime at (603) 527-2518.